All completed applications must be submitted no later than May 3, 2019.
Kindly help the NYSAWLA Scholarship Committee get to know you better by answering the questions below. Please submit a video resume on a DVD or YouTube link to your World Language teacher with a copy of your official transcript. Furthermore, please have your current grade 12 World Language teacher complete the World Language teacher Classroom Student Recommendation Form that will be included in the paperwork that is submitted to the committee.
Your video resume should sell yourself to the committee – it’s really a commercial about you! It should answer the question: Why should we award this scholarship to you?
What should you include in this video resume?
- It should be creative, interesting, and in the target language!
- Since we are an organization dedicated to the promotion of the study and teaching of foreign languages, why are languages important to you?
- What impact have they had on your life?
- What impact will you have on the world?
- What are your future plans? College? Which one? Why? How do you plan to use the language(s) you have studied?
For those of you submitting for the NYSAWLA Family Scholarship, please respond to the following question in your video:
How have you been inspired by having a parent that is a leader in foreign language education?
|COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW
| Classroom World Language Teacher Recommendation Form
(to be filled out by student)
NYSAWLA Senior Scholarship Award